From Computational Biology Group
Seagate BlackArmor NAS400 with 4*2TB Constellation ES. RAID 5 setup, resulting in 6TB useable space.
Accessible through klein.unil.ch
- newklein's main role is to store active data from projects with external collaborators.
- newklein is not a backup solution
- newklein will have a rudimentary data inventory
Every CBG member has an account, initially with a 50GB quota. If you need more space, let me know how much and what for. The what-for description must be such that it allows you to identify the contents.
New collaboration projects will be integrated into newklein as follows. For the project Super Project headed by CBG Member Adam Alpha in collaboration with Bertram Beta
- creation of a new collaborator aa_beta
- creation of a new group aa_superproject, of which adam, aa_beta, and possibly other collaborators are members
- creation of a new folder aa_SuperProject to which the group aa_superproject has read/write access
- allocation of a space quota to the CBG member & the new collaborator(s)
Therefore, for a collaboration project, I'll need the following list filled out:
Other Involved CBG Members:
The project name should be very short, and can have capitals, as in SuperP. The description should be a short phrase, as in Super Project 23