Swiss Centre of Expertise in the Social Sciences
Providing excellent services is one of the most important aspects of the philosophy of FORS. During 2008-09, therefore, FORS increased its proximity to researchers by setting up a network of contact points at Switzerland’s universities. Researchers with questions about what FORS has to offer or about the institution now have a competent discussion partner to approach even within their own institution.
The Scientific Board supports both the Foundation Board and the Executive Board on all scientific matters connected with the activities of FORS as well as overseeing its research activities. Regular evaluations of the scientific quality of the products and services FORS offers are also incumbent on this body.
The Scientific Board is made up of leaders of international standing in the world of science and is chaired by Prof. Max Kaase.
The Foundation Board is the supreme governing body of the Foundation. It can adopt whatever measures are necessary to ensure that the Foundation works well and is above all responsible for defining the Foundation’s strategic orientation.
In keeping with the Articles, the Foundation Board is constituted as follows:
- three members, including the chair, are appointed by the University of Lausanne;
- two members are appointed by the Rectors’ Conference of Swiss Universities (CRUS);
- one member is appointed by the Rectors’ Conference of Swiss Universities of Applied Sciences (KFH);
- one member is appointed by the Swiss Federal Statistical Office (BFS);
- one member is appointed by the Swiss Academies of Arts and Sciences.
The Foundation Board itself can appoint an additional member.
FORS C/O Université de Lausanne - Bâtiment Géopolis - CH-1015 Lausanne - Switzerland - Phone : +41 21 692 37 30 - Fax : +41 21 692 37 35