UNIL MSc course: Data Analysis I 2020
- Coordinator: Sven Bergmann
- Lecturers: Sven Bergmann & Giovanni Cirello
- Assistants: Marion Paxtot, Daniel Krefl
- Lecture 1 "Probability theory" (Sven): September 18, 8:15-10:00 (Auditoire C, Genopode)
- Exercises 1 "Probability theory" (Marion & Daniel): September 18, 10:15-12:00 (Auditoire C, Genopode)
- Lecture 2 "Basic statistics" (Sven): September 25: 8:15-10:00 (Auditoire C, Genopode)
- Exercises 2 "Basic statistics" (Marion & Daniel): September 25, 10:15-12:00 (Auditoire C, Genopode)
- Lecture 3 "Multiple/nonlinear regression" (Giovanni): October 2: 8:15-10:00 (Zoom)
- Exercises 3 "Multiple/nonlinear regression" (TBA): October 2: 10:15-12:00 (Zoom)
- Materials: The lesson will roughly follow the course notes available at:  which are based on .
- Exercises and grades
- This course has no oral or written exam; instead students must submit their solutions to exercises.
- The first set of exercises is a "warm up". A total score is the number of correct answers minus the number of incorrect answers (slightly incorrect answers do not alter the score). The grade is the score truncated at 6 (and zero). The deadline of submission is 27.9 22:00.
- The second and third set of (slightly more advanced) exercises will have a similar weighing scheme. The final mark for each module is weighted average of all exercise sets. For the first module the weights are 1/4 for the first two sessions and 1/2 for the third session. For the second module all weights are equal.
- Recordings are available on Moodle: