From Computational Biology Group
On Friday 30 March 2012 we will have our "intermediate meeting" in the room 105 (Bugnon 27, 1005 Lausanne).
The goals of this meeting are:
- to makes sure you understand the motivation for your project
- to assure the goals of the project are clear to you
- to verify you know what tools to use to achieve thes goals
- to give you the opportunity to share any preliminary results
Each group of students will give a (powerpoint) presentation of no more than 15 minutes with (at least) the following slides:
1. Title of your project, your names, the name(s) of your supervisor(s) and (optionally) one image that characterizes your project and/or photos of yourselves!
2. Background: Why is this project relevant/interesting?
3. Goal(s) of your project: No more than 3 items!
4. Methodology: At least one slide on algorithms, equations, etc. that you are using
5. Challenges: What is likely to be the most difficult part in your project?
6. Priliminary results (if any)
7. Feedback: Any suggestion to improve the (second half of) course in general?
Divide the slides among the study group members equally such that everybody will have the opportunity (or challenge :-) to present. See (my personal) Golden rules for a good presentation for advise.
Send your presentation by e-mail to me and upload them to the wiki!
(back to main page of Course: "Solving Biological Problems that require Math 2012")