From Computational Biology Group
On Thursday, 15 April 2011 at 9:00 we will have our "midterm" meeting in the Auditoire Spengler (Institut de Pathologie, Bugnon 25, 1011 Lausanne).
The goals of this meeting are:
- to give feedback on your progress
- to discuss preliminary results and potential challenges
Each group of students will give a (powerpoint) presentation of no more than 15 minutes with (at least) the following slides:
1. Title of your project, your names, the name(s) of your supervisor(s) and (optionally) one image that characterizes your project and/or photos of yourselves!
2. Goal(s) of your project: No more than 3 items!
3. Background: Why is this project relevant/interesting?
4. Methodology: At least one slide on algorithms, equations, etc. that you are using
5. Challenges: What is likely to be the most difficult part in your project?
6. Feedback: Any suggestion to improve the (second half of) course in general?
Divide the slides among the study group members equally such that everybody will have the opportunity (or challenge :-) to present. See [] for (my personal) advise on giving good presentations.
Send your presentation by e-mail to me and upload them to the wiki!
(back to main page of Course: "Solving Biological Problems that require Math")