From Computational Biology Group
Journal Club is every other Thursday, from 12-13, in the small meeting room. Feel free to bring your lunch.
The schedule is indicated below. If it is your turn, please indicate the paper you are presenting by Monday and update the calendar accordingly. It can be any paper of scientific interest. Alternatively, you can also give tutorials on any scientific topic that may be of interest to other members of the group or invite an external speaker.
Sandra will present
Sven: "Connecting points by Smooth Connection Functions defines shapes in the smoothest possible way" (Paper)
March 2 (Friday at 2)
David will present the following paper
- Yang J, Benyamin B, McEvoy BP, Gordon S, Henders AK, Nyholt DR, Madden PA, Heath AC, Martin NG, Montgomery GW, Goddard ME, and Visscher PM. Common SNPs explain a large proportion of the heritability for human height. Nat Genet 2010 Jul; 42(7) 565-9. doi:10.1038/ng.608 pmid:20562875.
Zoltán will present:
- Jasmin K and Casasanto D. The QWERTY effect: how typing shapes the meanings of words. Psychon Bull Rev 2012 Jun; 19(3) 499-504. doi:10.3758/s13423-012-0229-7 pmid:22391999.
Micha will talk about statistical analysis of rnaseq data, with the following papers:
- Bullard JH, Purdom E, Hansen KD, and Dudoit S. Evaluation of statistical methods for normalization and differential expression in mRNA-Seq experiments. BMC Bioinformatics 2010 Feb 18; 11 94. doi:10.1186/1471-2105-11-94 pmid:20167110.
- Anders S and Huber W. Differential expression analysis for sequence count data. Genome Biol 2010; 11(10) R106. doi:10.1186/gb-2010-11-10-r106 pmid:20979621.
Tanguy will present
- Jones BF and Weinberg BA. Age dynamics in scientific creativity. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 2011 Nov 22; 108(47) 18910-4. doi:10.1073/pnas.1102895108 pmid:22065777.
Nadya is going to discuss following paper:
- Kolesov G, Wunderlich Z, Laikova ON, Gelfand MS, and Mirny LA. How gene order is influenced by the biophysics of transcription regulation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 2007 Aug 28; 104(35) 13948-53. doi:10.1073/pnas.0700672104 pmid:17709750.
Diana will present the following paper:
- Stephens R, Atkins J, and Kingston A. Swearing as a response to pain. Neuroreport 2009 Aug 5; 20(12) 1056-60. doi:10.1097/WNR.0b013e32832e64b1 pmid:19590391.
Aurélien will present:
8. The "impact factor" revisited Peng Dong, Marie Loh and Adrian Mondry*