Final report meeting
On Friday, 29 May 2009 at 12:00 we have our "final report" meeting in room POL/210 in the Amphipôle.
The goals of this meeting are:
- to present your project
- to discuss your results
- to give feedback on this course
Each group will have at most 25’ to present their project and 5’ to answer questions. Presentation should include:
1. Title of your project, your names, the name(s) of supervisor(s) and (optionally) one image that characterizes the project and/or photos of yourselves!
2. Goal(s) of your project: No more than 3 items!
3. Background: Why is this project relevant/interesting?
4. Methodology: At least one slide on algorithms, equations, etc. that you are using
5. Results: What are your main findings?
6. Perspective: What would you have done next (if you had more time)?
Points 1-4 should be somewhat shorter (~10') than for the Intermediate report meeting, and the focus should be on the last two items! I would like each student to present some aspect of the results. The evaluation will be based on your presentations. I also want to encourage you again to document your project on this WIKI.
Time-line for the presentations:
- 12:00-12:30 Neuroenergetics: Importance of transport for the regulation of energy substrate fluxes in brain cells
- 12:30-13:00 Whole genome association study: Alcohol consumption in the Cohorte Lausannoise
- 13:00-13:30 Whole genome association study: Tobacco consumption in the Cohorte Lausannoise
- 13:45-14:15 Modeling: Pattern formation using Reaction-Diffusion models
- 14:15-14:45 Modeling: Spread of epidemics
- 14:45-15:15 Evolution: Estimating rate of speciation and extinction in a tropical plant
Send your presentation by e-mail to me and upload them to the wiki!
(back to main page of Course: "Solving Biological Problems that require Math")