Final report meeting 2010
On Thurday, 27 May 2010 at 14:00 we have our "final report" meeting in room 105 at Bugnon 27.
The goals of this meeting are:
- to present your project
- to discuss your results
- to give feedback on this course
Each group will have at most 25’ to present their project and 5’ to answer questions. Presentation should include:
1. Title of your project, your names, the name(s) of supervisor(s) and (optionally) one image that characterizes the project and/or photos of yourselves!
2. Goal(s) of your project: No more than 3 items!
3. Background: Why is this project relevant/interesting?
4. Methodology: At least one slide on algorithms, equations, etc. that you are using
5. Results: What are your main findings?
6. Perspective: What would you have done next (if you had more time)?
Points 1-4 should be somewhat shorter (~10') than for the Intermediate report meeting 2010, and the focus should be on the last two items! I would like each student to present some aspect of the results. The evaluation will be based on your presentations. I also want to encourage you again to document your project on this WIKI.
Time-line for the presentations:
- 14:00-14:30 Neuroenergetics: Modeling of brain cell metabolic phenotypes
- 14:30-15:00 Genome-wide association studies on various clinical phenotypes
- 15:00-15:30 Lab mouse phylogeny
- 15:45-16:15 Modeling of gradient formation in "Drosophila" embryos
- 16:15:16:45 Estimating selection pressure on different genomic regions
- 16:45:17:15 Estimating speciation and extinction rates in a tropical plant
Send your presentation by e-mail to me and upload them to the wiki!
(back to main page UNIL BSc course: "Solving Biological Problems that require Math 2010")