UNIL BSc course: Bioinformatics for Genomics 2020
- Course aims:
- Get to know some of the the bioinformatics methods necessary for genomic analysis
- Use these methods on simple real cases
- Develop an understanding of potential pitfalls and the impact of bioinformatics choices in genomic results
- Notions of genomics (gene, genome, transcriptome)
- Basic statistics (what is a test, a p-value)
- Basic literacy in R and/or Python.
- Teacher: Sven Bergmann
- 23 March 2020, 08:00-12:00: Session 1: "RNA-seq & DE"
- 24 March 2020, 08:00-12:00: Session 2: "Clustering"
- 30 March 2020, 08:00-12:00: Session 3: "Biclustering"
- 31 March 2020, 08:00-12:00: Session 4: "More data"
- 1 April 2020, 08:00-12:00: Session 5: "Networks"
Each slot of 4h will start with a lecture of ~2h, followed by an exercise session. This semester all lectures and exercises will be given online. Live sessions at the above times will be given via Zoom (a link will be sent by e-mail).
- Lecture presentations
- Exercise material
- available on Moodle at: https://moodle.unil.ch/course/view.php?id=6216